- Remember to design your poster in the actual size you want it printed. For example, if you want your poster to be printed at 36" x 48"s, Create your slide; 36" x 48"s: In Windows PowerPoint this is done by selecting [Design], then [Page Setup], then typing the desired dimensions into the boxes.
NOTE! The [Slides sized for:] box is irrelevant to printing!
- Next import the template.
- Then layout your poster using the template as a framework.
Remember to save your work often.
- Please Do not use extremely dark or bright colors as a background. This makes it difficult to read the data presented.
- Please use either (The paper's) white, or a very light background color.
- Please avoid using text colors other than Black and never use light or pastel colors as they can be very hard to read.
The only exception to this is white text on a black background. If you use this; us it sparingly and only for large text (40 points or more).
- Please do not allow design elements of your poster to come right up to the very edge of the page. Please use at least .25 inch margins on all sides of your poster.
- Avoid using low-resolution image files. 300 dpi is the preferred resolution.